Gridworks Energy Indigenous Solar Program
Gridworks Energy is 100% Indigenous owned and operated with over 20 years of industry experience. We have provided solar training as well as, design and installation services for over 75 indigenous communities and organizations across Canada and counting for more than 20 years.
We do this by engaging and consulting with each community for their specific needs. We work with, not for, your community to find the exact solution your community desires. We provide meaningful training and employment opportunities for your community members for each project through our CSA (Canadian Standards Association) recognized training program and hire those trained members for the installation of their projects.
Gridworks affirms the 92nd call to action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission to adopt the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Empowering Indigenous Communities Through Solar Power
Gridworks commits to providing meaningful consultation, building respectful relationships; While obtaining the free, prior, and informed consent of Indigenous peoples before proceeding with business development.
By training and hiring members of each community for each project we design and install, we commit to providing Indigenous peoples with access to equitable access to jobs, training, and educational opportunities. Furthermore, we ensure that education is provided for our staff on the history of Indigenous peoples. Our goal for every Indigenous community project is to ensure that each community obtains sustainable long-term benefits from their solar projects and training experience.
Indigenous Services Provided
- Solar PV Design and Installation: residential, commercial, institutional, industry and utility.
- Solar Training Centre located in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Specialized Mobile Solar Training for remote communities.
- Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure Installation.
- Electrical Contracting: residential, commercial, light industrial, and energy retrofits.
Over 20 years in business and solar industry experience.
Contact us today to speak to an Indigenous solar expert!
Proudly Indigenous Owned and Operated
Solar Grants and Programs Available
Gridworks is honoured to help your community reach it’s goals. There are a number of programs available to assist Indigenous communities with integrating solar energy or creating jobs.
Learn about our Alberta Solar Rebates or visit the links below to learn more:
- Canada-Alberta Jobs Grant for training funding rebates for First Nation and Métis community members
- Clean Electricity Investment Tax Credit: A refundable 15% tax credit on the capital costs of investments made by non-taxable entities, such as Indigenous communities, municipally owned utilities and Crown corporations that make investments in renewable energy, energy storage and inter-provincial transmission and other non-emitting electricity infrastructure.