CSA CERTIFICATION OVERVIEW
The Construction Electrician (NOC 7241) Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems Certified (PVSC) Personnel Certification has been developed by CSA Group in conjunction with the National Electrical Trade Council (NETCO) and industry stakeholders to provide assurance that an individual possesses the competencies deemed necessary to perform the job function of a Solar Photovoltaic Systems Certified Electrician.
This certification has been developed in compliance with the ISO 17024 standard. ISO 17024 is the global benchmark for organizations operating personnel certification programs, and outlines the methods and procedures required to ensure the objective and unbiased assessment of a candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities. Passing the PVSC examination will indicate that the candidate possesses the knowledge, skills and decision-making abilities necessary to practice the proper techniques to pre-plan, implement, configure, install, commission, troubleshoot, and maintain Solar PV Systems.
This certification addresses the need to confirm the demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities of qualified construction electricians who install and maintain solar photovoltaic power generation systems and equipment for use in settings such as industrial, commercial, institutional, power generation, and residential settings in compliance with appropriate codes, standards and industry best practices.
MINIMUM CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
The Construction Electrician (NOC 7241) Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems Certified Certification tests each candidate’s knowledge to ensure the candidate possesses the knowledge and skills of a minimally qualified candidate. CSA’s expert committee defines the minimally qualified candidate as follows:
The minimally qualified candidate can perform Solar PV system installation activities without assistance, including (but not limited to):
- Understand the latest installation methods and technologies.
- Read, understand and apply standards, codes and manufacturer’s instructions, industry best practices and building science concepts.
- Utilize the appropriate materials and methods and use and maintain tools required for the proper installation of Solar Photovoltaic Systems.
- Understand construction documentation including drawings and written specifications.
- Understand and apply the latest construction and building technologies.
- Utilize the tools of the trade.
- Show competence in basic worksite Occupational Health and Safety Requirements.
- Basic communication skills.