Building Empowered Indigenous Communities Through Solar Energy
Gridworks Energy is 100% Indigenous owned and operated with over 20 years of industry experience. Gridworks affirms the 92nd call to action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission to adopt the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Gridworks commits to providing meaningful consultation, building respectful relationships; While obtaining the free, prior, and informed consent of Indigenous peoples before proceeding with business development.
By training and hiring members of each community for each project we design and install, we commit to providing Indigenous peoples with access to equitable access to jobs, training, and educational opportunities. Furthermore, we ensure that education is provided for our staff on the history of Indigenous peoples. Our goal for every Indigenous community project is to ensure that each community obtains sustainable long term benefits from their solar projects and training experience.
- Solar PV Design and Installation: residential, commercial, institutional, industry and utility.
- Solar Training Centre located in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Specialized Mobile Solar Training for remote communities.
- Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure Installation.
- Electrical Contracting: residential, commercial, light industrial, and energy retrofits.
Over 20 years in business and solar industry experience.
Contact us today to speak to an Indigenous solar expert!
Indigenous Grants and Programs
Gridworks is a Indigenous owned and operated company, and we are honoured to help you reach your goals for your community. There are a number of programs available to assist Indigenous communities with integrating solar energy or creating jobs.
Learn about our Alberta Solar Rebates or visit the links below to learn more:
- Canada-Alberta Jobs Grant for training funding rebates for First Nation and Métis community members