Get a Free Estimate
Solar Site Assessment
A detailed and comprehensive solar site assessment is a necessary and important component for every solar electric installation. A typical site assessment will include the following:
- Accurate measurements of the roof or ground space which includes any obstructions such as the location of plumbing stacks, chimneys, attic vents, etc.
- A shading analysis (if shading is a concern) from the proposed location of the solar electric system—this data is used to provide accurate energy production estimates.
- A thorough assessment of the building’s electrical infrastructure including service size; make, model and rating of the electrical module board; determining if there is space in the module board; and service transformer size. This will help us determine whether any electrical service upgrades, new module boards or sub-modules will need to be installed.
- Discussion with the home or building owner to determine the cabling and wiring route from the site of solar electric array to the location of the inverter or electrical modules board.
- Determining the location of the inverter(s) and integration to the building’s electrical system.
- Gridworks Energy will first provide a preliminary ballpark cost for the system, system energy production, and an economic analysis specific to your home/building via email as an initial step. After reviewing the preliminary assessment, we would be pleased to provide a free and comprehensive site assessment should this be something you would like pursue. For new construction residential and commercial projects, Gridworks can provide a design and quote directly from the drawings for the building.
Please complete the provided form to contact us and get started today!