Alberta
Solar Rebates

FIND A SOLAR REBATE FOR YOUR PROJECT

Installing solar solutions for your residential, commercial, agricultural, Indigenous community, or municipal project is exciting, but it can also be a large expense. Gridworks is proud to offer a variety of rebates to our customers including new clients, farming, municipal, or Indigenous programs. Check out the list of rebates below or contact us to learn more.

NEW: RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL REBATE PROGRAM

RESIDENTIAL REBATE
$0.90/watt or the lesser of $10,000 or 35% of eligible system costs system sizes of 0–15 KW.

COMMERCIAL REBATE
$0.75/watt or the lesser of $1,000,000 or 35% of eligible system costs for system sizes of 0–5 MW (5000 KW).

NON-PROFIT AND CHARITIES REBATE
$1.00/watt or the lesser of $1,000,000 or 35% of eligible system costs for system sizes of 0–5 MW (5000 KW).

Learn More

ON FARM SOLAR PROGRAM

The grant rate has changed to align more closely with the Residential and Commercial Solar Programs. Grant funding is calculated as follows:

0 – 100 kW:
$0.75/W to maximum 35% eligible cost share.

100.01 – 150 kW:
$0.56/W to maximum 27% eligible cost share.

Learn More

MUNICIPAL SOLAR PROGRAM

Participants are eligible to receive a rebate per watt of total installed capacity ($/W), as per below.

TOTAL INSTALLED CAPACITY (DC) | REBATE

<10 kilowatts  |  $0.90/Watt
10 kilowatts to <150 kilowatts  |  $0.75/Watt
150 kilowatts to <2 Megawatts  |  $0.60/Watt
2 Megawatts to 5 Megawatts   |  $0.55/Watt

City of Edmonton: an additional $0.15/watt up to $10,000
Brazeau County: an additional $0.75/watt up to $10,000 rebate,
Medicine Hat: an additional $0.75/watt up to $5000
Starland County: an additional $0.20/watt
Banff: Based on size of the system -$750/KW rebate up to a maximum of 7.5KW PV system (in size)
MCCAC – Solar for Schools Program: From – $1.00/watt – $1.50/watt rebate

Learn More

ALBERTA INDIGENOUS SOLAR PROGRAM

Alberta Indigenous Solar Program (AISP) provides funding for up to 80% of eligible expenses up to a maximum of $200,000 per project. Applicants can access other non-Government of Alberta funded programs to cover the remaining 20% of the project costs. The maximum funding stacking level is 100% of eligible costs.

Learn More

ALBERTA INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY ENERGY PROGRAM

The Alberta Indigenous Community Energy Program (AICEP) provides tools and funding to help Indigenous communities and organizations understand how energy is used in its buildings and identify opportunities to save energy and financial resources.

Learn More